Shark Guardian is a UK Charity for shark and marine conservation projects worldwide. Founded by experienced scuba diving instructors with a great passion for sharks, Shark Guardian has been focusing on shark and marine conservation activities, education,supporting and promoting shark conservation efforts and leading scuba dives for shark encounters since 1988. Shark Guardian is the banner and symbol for future shark and marine conservation projects worldwide.
Why Save Sharks?
Sharks are misunderstood creatures that have developed a negative and exaggerated reputation as minsters and killers. Our aim us to change these false perceptions and introduce sharks as they are in reality – amazing, beautiful creatures.
Sharks are apex predators and a natural barometer for the health of our oceans. They play a crucial role in the marine ecosystem by maintaining a balance in the food chain and directly affecting all the other species. This keeps our oceans healthy and full of life, ultimately helping to support all life on earth.
Between 70 and 100 million sharks are killed each year from over fishing and targeted shark fining. The demand for shark fin soup and other related products are responsible for the decline of many shark species around the world. Many sharks have already disappeared and face threats of extinction in our lifetime.
Say “NO” to Shark Products!
- Millions of sharks are killed each year for different shark products.
- Most sharks are killed only for their high valued fin products.
- Many sharks are caught and finned illegally in marine protected areas and shark sanctuaries.
- Fishermen cut off the shark fins and throw them back into the ocean while its still alive – Very Cruel!
- Shark Fin is tasteless – usually a chicken or pork flavor is added.
- Shark meat is high in mercury and dangerous to humans.
- There is greater honor in respecting oceans, marine life and sharks by NOT eating or buying any kind of shark products including shark teeth, false medicines, oils and shark fin soup.
For more details on Shark Guardian, please visit their website at www.sharkguardian.org
- New Location, Added Adventure - May 7, 2015
- Shark Guardian – Save Our Sharks, We Save Ourselves - April 30, 2015
- Dhow Trip to Musandam [Video] - April 10, 2015
- Prodive is now credited as a PADI 5 Star Dive Center and PADI TecRec Center - March 19, 2015
- Save Our Reefs with the Eco-Friendly Global Reef Check Training in UAE - November 15, 2014